11k and half marathon
March 21st, 2015

Find us today on
FACEBOOK.COM
and on instagram as runladiesrun

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Here I am...

Alright, okay, hello.
Long time... I know.

We've separated recently, and I've missed you. I don't blame you, I blame... summer. "I'm not unfaithful but I'll stray" (I was going to post a link to the inspired TEGAN AND SARA song Back In Your Head, but upon looking up on YouTube I realized it's sort of creepy.)  The night has been my mystr.. Oh dang, I can't even finish that sentence, even I'm not that dorky. stopping now.

Wait, I don't hold anything against summer. Summer brings out my favorite self.  The late night, sleepy beachy mornings, mixed up/lax schedule self... The one where every morning it's about me and the wee ladies, and what body of water we want to hang at, pool, beach, lake, pond.  Wether we want to add little wee friends or big adorable ones.  

Running in the summer takes a little creativity, at least for myself and well, most the mama friends I keep.  I've solved my problem with late night midnight jaunts.  The husband works days, while I wait tables in the evening, so as mentioned earlier, my days are filled with leisure darlings. So running after work, solves both the interruption of such precious time, plus the part where who is going to take care of them while I run for hours?? summer.

My night runs have been a mix of fun adventurous people, and I'm hoping the trend will catch on.  We run anywhere from 3 miles to 8.  generally starting at 11pm and ending past midnight.  After serving people prime rib and halibut cheeks with a look of "I'm totally interested in everything you have to say" plastered on my face all night, it's either a large glass of some adult beverage or my new favorite MILES UNDER THE MOONLIGHT.  

Tonights run was 4miles and it was swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment