11k and half marathon
March 21st, 2015

Find us today on
FACEBOOK.COM
and on instagram as runladiesrun

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I GREATLY DISLIKE the gravel pit.

I got to the parking lot at 8:27am, not a single spandex wearing lady around.  A bit relieved I hung back in my car for a moment telling myself I'm allowed to go home and crawl back into bed if nobody shows up in the next... oh... 8 minutes.

At exactly 8:33 (2 minutes shy of warm sheets) I see the first of 3 of my running friends.  And to my relief she looks just as tired as I am.  We discuss how cold it is and if we should really wear this extra jacket or that down vest, knowing full well that the comfort it'll give us for the first 5 minutes will be the bane of our next 40.... leave it BEHIND.

We head out slow and continue nice and slow for the remainder of the run.  Thank you small children and restless husbands to help with my sweet sluggish partners (truly appreciated!).



4.43 miles. Average pace 9min 44sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment