11k and half marathon
March 21st, 2015

Find us today on
FACEBOOK.COM
and on instagram as runladiesrun

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My "it's almost my birthday" run

If Running on another island is a treat... then running on Orcas would be... oh never mind thats even too cheesy for me.

I'll tell you what it was... it was a crazy beautiful day.  Sun sun and more sun!  It's about the only thing that made the "easy" ALL UPHILL (except when there was a little downhill) trail run bearable.  OKay, or maybe the part where we were off the rock with a couple close GFs and it was a (for lack of better words) FREAKING GORGEOUS run.

Trail running is a bit different than what we're used too.  But I'm growing quite a fondness for it.  I like the part where you have to watch your feet so you don't trip.. it somehow makes the miles fly by. And I really can't stress how much I love the part where my super speedy friends S L O W down and make me feel a bit faster to run with them.

So minus the super steepness, there was one amazing waterfall, lots of sweet wildlife and a bit of shared solitude with a couple favorites.

thanks for the pre-birthday birthday run. xo


4.5 miles.... not posting our average pace (although you may feel better about yourself if I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment